WEST HARTFORD, Conn. — The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) women's tennis team lost a close battle to the Colby-Sawyer College (CSC) Chargers, 5-4, Saturday afternoon in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) match on the Hall High School Tennis Courts. With the victory, the Chargers improve to 2-7 (2-3 GNAC), while the Blue Jays dip to 4-5 (2-3 GNAC). USJ trailed only 2-1 heading into singles, but CSC clicked off three straight singles wins to clinch the overall. USJ followed it with three straight singles triumphs of its own, but it was not enough.
USJ 4 | CSC 5
1. Yashu Yang/Alexa Conlin (CSC) def. Elaina Griffiths/Jessica McAllister (USJ) 8-1
2. Amira Eid/Juliet Henderson (CSC) def. Marie Emerson/Carolyn Callahan (USJ) 8-3
3. Emily Kerr/Domonique Carnot (USJ) def. Margaret Fox/Hannah Nasser (CSC) 8-4
1. Yashu Yang (CSC) def. Jessica McAllister (USJ) 6-0, 6-0
2. Alexa Conlin (CSC) def. Domonique Carnot (USJ) 6-4, 6-0
3. Amira Eid (CSC) def. Elaina Griffiths (USJ) 6-1, 6-1
4. Emily Kerr (USJ) def. Juliet Henderson (CSC) 6-4, 6-0
5. Carolyn Callahan (USJ) def. Margaret Fox (CSC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Elke Moser Melis (USJ) def Hannah Nasser 6-2, 4-6, 10-8
The USJ women's tennis team will hit the road for a non-conference matchup against Lesley on Thursday, October 3, at 5:00 p.m. at Belmote Middle School in Saugus, Massachusetts.
Follow USJ Athletics
For the latest on University of Saint Joseph athletics, follow the Blue Jays on social media on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Fans can also download the USJ Front Row Mobile App and subscribe to our Newsletter and Text Alerts. #FearTheFlock #GoBlueJays