WEST HARTFORD, Conn. - The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) women's tennis team celebrated Senior Day on Wednesday afternoon, but dropped a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) match at home to the Johnson & Wales Wildcats, 9-0, at the USJ Tennis Courts. As a result of the loss, the Blue Jays drop to 1-7 overall and 0-6 in the GNAC, while the Wildcats improve their record to 8-4 and 4-2. USJ will be back in action next on the road on Saturday, October 13th against Albertus Magnus in their final GNAC match of the season. First serve is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
Prior to the start of the match, the Blue Jays honored their seniors who were about to play in their final match on the USJ Tennis Courts. USJ recognized its senior trio of Lucy Roberge (Willington, Conn.), Leah Nguyen (West Hartford, Conn.), and Ashley Savino (Old Saybrook, Conn.).
USJ 0 | Johnson & Wales 9
1. Claire Parry (JWU) def. Lucy Roberge (USJ) 6-4, 6-1
2. Lauren Torre (JWU) def. Leah Nguyen (USJ) 6-3, 6-2
3. Delaney Macchirole (JWU) def. Ashley Savino (USJ) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kourtney Moore (JWU) def. Domonique Carnot (USJ) 6-0, 6-2
5. Gabriela Velazquez(JWU) def. Jessica McAllister (USJ) 6-0, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5)
6. Katherine Ledesma (JWU) def. Carolyn Callahan (USJ) 6-1, 6-4
1. Delaney Macchirole/Kourtney Moore (JWU) def. Lucy Roberge/Ashley Savino (USJ) 8-4
2. Claire Parry/Drew Bobey (JWU) def. Leah Nguyen/Domonique Carnot(USJ) 8-2
3. Lauren Torre/Katherine Ledesma (JWU) def. Carolyn Callahan/Emily McAllister (USJ) 8-2
The USJ women's tennis team will be back in action next on Saturday on the road versus Albertus Magnus in another GNAC match beginning at 2:00 p.m.