Score: Saint Joseph's (Conn.) 9, Dean 0
Records: Dean (0-1); Saint Joseph's (Conn.) (1-0-1)
Location: West Hartford, Conn. (USJ Soccer Field)
Date: Sunday, September 3, 2017
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Junior Sarah Palko (Southington, Conn.) erupted for five goals, including two in the match's first three minutes, to lead host Saint Joseph's to a 9-0 win over Dean College in non-league women's soccer action on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Palko wasted little time getting the Blue Jays on the board when she found the back of the net for her first of the afternoon just 18 seconds into the contest. She was right back at it less than three minutes later when she scored again at the 2:58 mark.
- Palko completed the natural hat trick with an unassisted marker on a breakaway goal in the 24th minute. Less than a minute later she took a feed from junior Amanda Ghent (Portland, Conn.) and was on the scoreboard again.
- After junior Morgan Skoly (Vernon, Conn.) opened the second half with her first goal of the season, Palko added her fifth and final of the day at the 54:34 mark.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Saint Joseph's held a 28-4 edge in shots and a 10-0 advantage in corner kicks.
- Macy Parisee (East Freetown, Mass.) played all 90 minutes in goal for the Bulldogs and turned aside 11 shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- In addition to Palko's big day, Ghent finished with two goals and an assist.
- The Blue Jays head to MCLA for their first road match of the season on Tuesday. Kickoff is slated for 3:30 p.m.