What is SAAC?
The student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) serves as the voice of the student-athlete. Student-athletes have a voice in the NCAA through SAAC at the campus, conference and national level. It is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience and offers input on the rules, regulations and polices that affect student-athletes' lives on campus.
Goals of SAAC
- Provide communiction between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athletes responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
2016-17 SAAC Officers
2016-17 Events and Activities